The Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) is an online system that investigators use to disclose Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to their research projects.
Access FIDS at http://www.washington.edu/research/tools/fids/
You will need to use FIDS to
- disclose your SFI for each eGC1 for which you are an investigator.
- disclose changes you make to your SFI, including updating information, adding new SFI, or deleting SFI.
- disclose your SFI for CoMotion technology transfer or Human Subjects Division (HSD).
For more information on
- who must disclose Significant Financial Interest (SFI), review GIM 10: Financial Conflict of Interest Policy
- who is considered to be an investigator, review the UW Research Personnel page.
- Public Health Service (PHS) training, review the required trainings page
- basic policy information, visit the UW FCOI Web site
- how to use this system, access the online FIDS training
Parts of the Page
To help you navigate through FIDS, learn the ten basic parts of the page.
Tip: Do not use your browser’s back button to navigate. Instead use the links and breadcrumb trail within FIDS.
- Welcome with your name displayed.
- Sign out link which will log you out of FIDS.
- Help link which will open a new window and display the FIDS User Guide and other support pages.
- Breadcrumb trail which you can click to return to your Profile page.
- Page title which indicates the purpose of the page.
- Section heading with a help icon to provide contextual help.
- Action Bar which will contain icons appropriate to the page. The Delete and Save icons appear in this image.
- Main section of the page, indicated by the colored background, where you might view information, enter or edit data, or click a link to add information in a new window.
- Page footer which contains buttons and/or links to complete this page and move to the next, or cancel out of this page and return to a prior state or page.
- System footer which contains links to Learning and Contact Us information.