The SFI entity section captures details about the entity in which you hold significant financial interest. The Nature of Interest check boxes control what other sections display on the page.
“Entity” means any domestic or foreign, public or private, for profit or not-for-profit legal entity or organization other than the University, any agency of the State of Washington, or the federal government (per GIM 10).
Name of Entity
This field holds a maximum of 250 characters and is required.
Select the appropriate type from the menu. This is a required field.
- For Profit: Publicly Traded
- For Profit: Privately Held
- Federal, State, or Local Government
- Foreign Government
Who holds this interest?
Select the appropriate choice from the menu. This is a required field. If you and a family member both hold SFI in the same entity, you will need to enter the information as two separate SFI entries.
- Immediate Family Member
- This is defined as a person’s spouse, domestic partner, parent, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, child, or anyone who qualifies as the person’s dependent under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
Nature of Interest
Select all choices that apply. You must select at least one. For each choice you select, an additional section will display on the page for you to enter further details.
- Compensation (including any remuneration, salary, gifts, honoraria, etc.)
- Equity Interest (including any stock, stock option or other ownership interest)
- Intellectual property
- Reimbursed or sponsored travel
Note: PHS-funded investigators must disclose all Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to their Institutional Duties, as defined by GIM 10. FIDS will automatically link all existing SFI to any disclosure you created for a PHS-funded eGC1. A PHS eGC1 is one where either the sponsor or the originating sponsor is PHS. A list of PHS Sponsors is available. If you are creating a disclosure for a non-PHS eGC1, you will be able to indicate which of your SFI relate to the eGC1.