The Action Items section displays any pending disclosures that you need to complete and provides a button for creating new disclosures. The following image shows three pending disclosures, one for an eGC1, one for CoMotion, and one for Human Subjects.
A pending disclosure is a disclosure you need to complete. The system creates one when either an eGC1 owner or the system sends disclosure notification emails to the investigators. The eGC1 owner can click the Send Disclosure Notification button on the PI, Personnel, and Organizations page. If the owner routes the eGC1 to reviewers for approval without sending the notifications, the system will send them automatically. Also, when an investigator begins, but does not complete, a disclosure for Human Subjects Activity or a CoMotion Technology Transfer Agreement, the system creates a pending disclosure.
To complete a pending disclosure for a specific eGC1, CoMotion agreement, or Human Subjects Activity, click on the Complete Disclosure button to the right of the disclosure in the Action Items section. Then make any necessary updates to your SFI and enter any other required information. The status of your completed disclosure for an eGC1 will display on its PI, Personnel, & Organizations page.
Create a New Disclosure
The Create New Disclosure button displays below the Action Items section, as shown in the following image.
Click this button to start the process. The Disclosure Type page will display for you to select the appropriate type of disclosure. For more information see the Disclosure Types section.
The Financial Interest Disclosure System (FIDS) is an online system that researchers use to disclose Significant Financial Interests (SFI) related to their research projects.
Access FIDS at http://www.washington.edu/research/tools/fids/
You will need to use FIDS to
- disclose your SFI for each eGC1 for which you are an investigator.
- disclose changes you make to your SFI, including updating information, adding new SFI, or deleting SFI.
- disclose your SFI for CoMotion technology transfer or Human Subjects Division (HSD).
For more information on
Parts of the Page
To help you navigate through FIDS, learn the ten basic parts of the page.
Tip: Do not use your browser’s back button to navigate. Instead use the links and breadcrumb trail within FIDS.
- Welcome with your name displayed.
- Sign out link which will log you out of FIDS.
- Help link which will open a new window and display the FIDS User Guide and other support pages.
- Breadcrumb trail which you can click to return to your Profile page.
- Page title which indicates the purpose of the page.
- Section heading with a help icon to provide contextual help.
- Action Bar which will contain icons appropriate to the page. The Delete and Save icons appear in this image.
- Main section of the page, indicated by the colored background, where you might view information, enter or edit data, or click a link to add information in a new window.
- Page footer which contains buttons and/or links to complete this page and move to the next, or cancel out of this page and return to a prior state or page.
- System footer which contains links to Learning and Contact Us information.