Katherine Day Hase
Director of Advancement
Associate Director of Major Gifts
Development Fundraising Events Coordinator
Mary Gates Hall Suite 320
Seattle, WA 98195-2835
Ways of Giving
State tax dollars provide approximately 11 percent of the UW’s operating budget. When private support is added to state funds, the result is a powerful partnership that directly benefits UW faculty, staff, students, and the communities they serve.
Philanthropy is a personal choice and experience. There are many ways for you to foster your individual interests and passions by participating in campaign UW.
- GIFTS OF CASH can be outright gifts in any amount made by check or credit card. These gifts can be directed to any area of the University through the UW foundation by mail, phone, or online via www.uwfoundation.org.
- PLANNED GIFTS are special arrangements that match philanthropic and financial goals. some planned giving options pay a life income, are deferred through a bequest, or involve a more complex gift of real estate or stocks.
- PLEDGES are when you choose to make your gift over a specified period of time. Pledges may be allocated to endowed or current-use funds.
- CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS may double your gift to the UW. Visit your company’s human resources department to see if your gift qualifies for a corporate match.
Types of Support
You can decide when and how you want your gift to the University to be used. It can be used immediately or invested to provide a lasting legacy for generations to come.
- CURRENT USE GIFTS can be designated to the school, college, program, or campus of your choice.
- NAMED ENDOWMENTS are permanent funds that are invested to create a lasting resource that grows in perpetuity. The fund may be established in your name or in honor or memory of another. Each quarter, the endowment distributes a portion of its total return to fund the purpose you specify.
If you are a UW employee who wishes to give using payroll deduction please click here.