Recreational Sports Programs
Welcome to the UW Climbing Program at the IMA. We offer the UW community 3 different climbing facilities and a host of programs and classes. Take a look around our portion of the website and give us a call with any questions.
Climbing Facilities on Campus
- IMA Crags Climbing Center – One of the largest climbing facilities on a university campus.
- Husky Rock – The first climbing structure on a university campus, built in 1975. Located outside on the south side of Husky Stadium.
- The Climbery – A space for classes, training, and competitions.
- IMA Crags Instruction – offers a variety of classes and clinics for the first time climber to the seasoned veteran.
- Climbing Club – Meet fellow UW climbers. The club focuses on Mountaineering, scrambling, rock and alpine climbing, ice climbing and backcountry skiing.
- Climbing Team – Compete in local and regional climbing competitions.
- Setters’ School – Learn the art of setting quality climbing gym routes.