We honor the original people of this land on which our house stands. wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ was created for the pursuit of academic excellence and we are striving to make certain that we adhere to that goal. We want to ensure that events in wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ will advance this goal while enriching the experience of our guests.
- Review of Rental policy is REQUIRED to process your request and serves as your contract with the facility.
- All information is available in the PDF link above.
- No reservation is guaranteed outside regular hours of operation and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Prices for extra on-site staff and facilities usage after hours require additional fees.
- Events are not approved and should not be advertised until the group receives a final confirmation from the wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ office. All paperwork, payment and other requirements must be fulfilled before an event is finalized and confirmed. Tentative approval or holds are NOT final confirmations. Being on the schedule is not a confirmation.
- wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ is not able to offer facility fee-waivers to cover the rental cost, please see Rental Rates.
Request for Use of University Facilities (RUUF)
- Events which are open to the public, ticketed or held by or in conjunction with an off-campus organization are required to submit a Request for Use of University Facilities form. This form requires approval from a University department dean, director or chair, the wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ Administrative Coordinator, and the Use of University Facilities Committee. This form takes approximately three weeks to process. Complete the form online.
- If an organization wishes to serve alcoholic beverages, please review the necessary policies under the Office of the Provost Special Programs guidelines. Depending on your event, please adhere to the approval process. Adequate measures— including an approved security/ID checker, bracelets, etc—must be taken in order to ensure that no minors will have access to alcoholic beverages. These options must be discussed and approved with the wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ reservations office prior to the event. Any violation of Washington State law or wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ policy will result in an immediate closure of your event and appropriate authorities will be notified.
Commercial Sales/Fundraising Activities
- All commercial sales or fundraising activities must be approved by wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ. All Registered Student Organizations (RSO) must complete a Fundraising Permit in order to fundraise at wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ. This permit can be acquired at the Student Activities Office.
- The closest parking lots to the wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ are Padelford Parking Garage and N-6. View the latest info on parking and rates. Parking is not guaranteed and wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ is not responsible for violations.
- Special Events and Arranged Parking may be scheduled through Transportation Services.
Food and Beverage Service
- All reservations which involve food or beverage will be charged a non-refundable cleaning/maintenance fee.
- wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ is able to allow food and beverage service from various sources by recovering the costs of maintaining these rooms through this fee.
- wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ does not provide table linens for tables. Please contact a caterer of party rental company regarding these items.
- The organization and/or caterer is responsible for appropriately bagging and disposing of all food related items and trash. Additional fees may apply if appropriate steps are not taken to clean, bag and dispose of all food related refuse.
- For special events, guests should fill out a Special Events Service Request Form for waste collection including bins for recycling, compost, and refuse.
- wǝɫǝbʔaltxʷ prefers to use UW approved caterers and that list can be found here.