Emergency steps for UW students, faculty, staff and program directors
- Take whatever actions are necessary to assure your immediate safety.
- Call the local emergency number.
- Call CISI at 1-877-714-8179 (toll-free) or 1-603-952-2660 (accepts Collect calls).
- Contact the UW Global Emergency line at 001-206-632-0153 for further assistance.
Students who received a waiver and purchased their own insurance should contact their individual insurance carrier.
UW Global Emergency line
- Phone number: 001-206-632-0153
- Answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by the UW Police Department.
- The operator will collect information about the emergency along with your contact information and forward the information to the Global Travel Security team, who will assist you.
Be prepared to provide the following information if possible:
- Your name
- Return contact information
- Country and program of study
- Name(s) of persons involved
- Description of emergency
- Actions taken
- Assistance needed
If the incident is no longer an immediate or potential risk to health, safety or security, you can report it to the Global Travel Security team during the next business day at firstname.lastname@example.org.