The Excellence in Global Engagement Award is an annual award that honors faculty and staff at the UW for their leadership in global engagement. The award alternates each year between faculty and staff honorees. The AY 2023-2024 award will honor a UW staff member that has led or undertaken activities that connect UW students, faculty, and staff to global communities locally, nationally, and internationally.
The award is the highest recognition for UW faculty and staff who make significant contributions to global engagement at the University of Washington and carries a $5,000 stipend.
Nominations for the AY 2023-2024 award will close on November 30, 2023.
Nominees will be notified shortly after this date and will prepare an application packet consisting of the following:
- Resume and CV
- A statement describing their work and its impact
- 2 letters of support
The application packets will then be reviewed by the selection committee, who will choose one recipient for the award.
The award seeks to honor UW staff who have accomplished one or more of the following:
- Facilitated cross-cultural and/or international communication and interaction
- Made international programming at UW more accessible, diverse, and inclusive
- Demonstrated innovative thinking and initiative in developing and implementing global engagement activities, projects, or programs whether on campus, locally, nationally, or internationally.
All current UW staff (with at least 50% FTE).
How to Nominate
Please fill out this short Google Form by November 30th, 2023 at 5pm PT
Note: UW staff may self-nominate.
- October 2, 2023: Nominations open
- November 30, 2023: Nominations due by 5:00 PM PT
- January 5, 2024: Application packets from nominees due
- June 2024: Award recipient announced at annual Awards of Excellence Ceremony
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.