Skip to content

Make a Title IX Report

Title IX and other federal and state laws collectively prohibit discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, pregnancy or parenting status, and LGBTQ+ identity.

Reporting sex- and gender-based violence, harassment, or discrimination to the Office of the Title IX Coordinator is an important step in preventing and addressing prohibited conduct. Learn more about who is required to report and who is encouraged to support on the employee reporting expectations page.

Title IX Reporting Form

All UW staff, faculty, and students, as well as members of the public, are encouraged to share Title IX-related concerns through the online Title IX reporting form.

Title IX Reporting Form

The Office of the Title IX Coordinator strives to protect the privacy of individuals involved in Title IX and Title IX-related matters but is not a confidential resource. We share information with those who have a business need to know to address reports, assess safety concerns, or comply with legal requirements.

If you have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, or sexual harassment, and are seeking confidential support, consider contacting a university confidential advocate before completing this form.

Title IX Report Response

When the Office of the Title IX Coordinator receives a report they will:

Submitting a report will not automatically initiate a Title IX investigation. The primary purpose for submitting a report is to inform the Office of the Title IX Coordinator so that support and options can be offered to individuals who may have experienced prohibited conduct. The Title IX Office will work with individuals to identify the best way to address the concern, which may or may not include a formal complaint and investigation. Visit the Resolution options page to learn more about formal and informal resolution options.

We encourage reports to be submitted as soon as possible. The University reserves the right to investigate or otherwise address any report, regardless of when it is made, based on concern for the safety or well-being of the University community.



  • Staff, faculty, and students at all UW campuses and locations as well as any member of the public
  • Individuals who wish to report conduct they have experienced to seek support and options
  • Employees who are required to report, which includes many senior leaders and other employees with specific human resources, academic personnel, student conduct, or compliance roles
  • Anyone who wishes to report concerns they have observed or been made aware of

Unless you are a Title IX Official Required to Report reports can be submitted anonymously using the form. When using the reporting form, you can choose to remain anonymous and/or not share others’ names to protect an individual’s identity.

It is important to know that the University’s ability to investigate and respond to anonymous reports is limited. If you wish to remain anonymous but want to provide contact information, you should use a non-university-affiliated email address that does not have your name or other identifying information. We will still receive the submission and respond to the email address provided.

You may also report anonymously to SafeCampus, the University of Washington’s violence prevention and response program. SafeCampus will listen to your concerns and provide guidance and safety plans tailored to your situation. You can reach them by calling 206-685-7233 or emailing

Yes, if you have been notified that you are an Official Required to Report (ORR), you are encouraged to use this form to fulfill your reporting obligations.

If you have experienced sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, or sexual harassment, you may contact a confidential advocate for support. Confidential advocates are free and provide a confidential place for students and employees to seek support, receive information about reporting processes on and off campus, and assist with those processes.

Meeting with an advocate does not trigger any investigation or resolution process. Visit the Advocacy webpage to find the contact information for confidential advocates who serve your campus/location.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law protecting student educational records’ privacy. A Title IX report may become part of the University’s administrative recordkeeping, and if students are involved, a report could be considered part of their student records. More information about FERPA and how students may request their educational records can be found here. Employees at the University of Washington are not covered under FERPA protections.

A Title IX report may become part of the University’s administrative recordkeeping. In compliance with Washington state law, employee records are generally obtainable through public records requests, but certain information may be protected from disclosure. To learn more about public records, go to the Public Records and Open Meetings website and review their FAQs.

Visit Survivor resources for additional resource information.

The online Title IX reporting form should be used in any incidents involving sex- and gender-based violence, harassment, or discrimination. There are various bias reporting tools across the UW, and you can learn more about each of those on their websites. However, you should always report issues related to sex or gender on the online Title IX reporting form.

Other Reporting Options

Additional Reporting Options

Human resources or student conduct offices may address some allegations depending on who is involved and what the allegations include.

You have the right to report to the police and to make a formal complaint to the University. You can report to both, to just the police, to just the University, or to neither. It is your choice.

U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
Seattle Office | 915 Second Avenue, Room 3310 | Seattle, WA 98174-1099
Phone: 206-607-1600

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Seattle Field Office | Federal Office Building | 909 First Avenue, Suite 400 | Seattle, WA 98104-1061
Phone: 1-800-669-4000 TTY: 1-800-669-6820

Washington State Human Rights Commission
711 South Capitol Way, Suite 402 | P.O. Box 42490 | Olympia, WA 98504-2490
Phone: 1-800-233-3247