Have you been abroad? We want to see your photos.
You could win a $50 bookstore gift card!
UW has a global footprint and wants to celebrate all the ways students, staff, and faculty are engaged around the world. The UW-Global Photo Campus Contest is open to the entire UW community.
Did you take an amazing photo of a cathedral from your study abroad in Rome, the wildlife you were studying in the Amazon, the medical team that you were working with in Kisumu, or the sunrise over Mount Kilimanjaro – we want to highlight your experiences and the images you have to show from them!
The 10 finalist photos will be selected by a vote within the Office of Global Affairs. Public voting will open on December 15, 2023 and will close on December 31, 2023. The winner will be announced in January 2024.
- No more than two entries per person.
- Photos must be from a location outside of the United States.
- Consent of every individual depicted in each photo is required.
- By submitting your photos, you give the University of Washington for marketing and promotional purposes on the web, in printed publications, or elsewhere.
- To be considered submit your photos via the online form by Friday, 11/30 at 5pm.
- Use common file formats (jpeg, gif, png) and of high resolution (300 dpi), suitable for a high quality enlargement.
What does the winning photo receive?
The winning photographer will receives a $50 gift certificate to the campus bookstore. The 10 finalist submissions will be framed and displayed in the Office of Global Affairs or the Study Abroad Office (with the option to take home your photo canvas at the end of 2024).
How will the photos be judged?
A committee from the Office of Global Affairs will choose 10 finalist photos and a winner. There will be a two week public voting period to choose the winning photo.
Where will the winning photos be displayed?
Top entries will be enlarged and displayed in the Office of Global Affairs and on the Office of Global Affairs webpage.
2022 Global Campus Photo Contest Finalists
Sunset in Tuscany
Bike Ride in Traena