Who should pay for accommodations that allow students with disabilities to participate in student clubs and organizations?

Date Updated

Each campus should establish and publish policies and procedures that inform student organizations and clubs about the appropriate department or office designated to assist with funding and arranging accommodations such as sign language interpreters and alternate document formats. Some institutions cover costs associated with these accommodations through a central budget so that funds are shared by the institution as a whole rather than by each campus unit.

For more information on fully including students with disabilities in clubs, activities, and campus organizations, visit Student Organizations in The Student Services Conference Room.