Where can I find information about the current state and future of cyberlearning?
The Cyberlearning Community Report: The State of Cyberlearning and the Future of Learning With Technology was published by the Center for Innovative Research in Cyberlearning (CIRCL) in 2017. CIRCL works with projects in the NSF Cyberlearning Program and cyberlearning-themed projects across the National Science Foundation (NSF) to support, synergize, and amplify their efforts. The Cyberlearning Community Report, which includes content written by 22 co-authors who are members of the cyberlearning community in the US, provides a snapshot of six design themes emerging across NSF-funded cyberlearning projects:
- Community Mapping: Moving and Discovering Across Contexts
- Expressive Construction: Enabling Learners to Represent Powerful Ideas
- Classrooms as Digital Performance Spaces
- Virtual Peers and Coaches: Social and Cognitive Support for Learning
- Remote Scientific Labs: Authenticity at Distance
- Enhancing Collaboration and Learning Through Touch Screen Interface