What is the International Association for Geoscience Diversity?
The International Association for Geoscience Diversity (IAGD) promotes access, accommodation, and inclusion for students and geoscientists with disabilities. Composed of higher education faculty, staff, and students, geoscience industry representatives, disabilities education researchers and other stakeholders, the IAGD vision is to:
- Celebrate the diverse abilities of all geoscientists while fostering student engagement in geoscience career pathways.
- Provide faculty professional development in instructional access and inclusion.
- Unify and promote efforts of collaboration in research and instructional best practices.
- Develop a community of resources for faculty and student support.
- Advance knowledge of access and accommodation within the geosciences through scientific research.