Twenty Five Ways DO-IT is Changing the World
To commemorate DO-IT’s 25th anniversary, staff members and mentors recently sat down to identify ways that DO-IT is attempting to make the world more welcoming and accessible for people with disabilities, which included
- promoting inclusive learning environments;
- identifying future leaders with disabilities;
- creating access to empowering technology;
- encouraging people to caption videos;
- connecting individuals with disabilities to mentors; and
- advocating for accessible websites, documents, and software.
The list includes specific examples about how people can join these efforts. To learn more, visit “25 Ways DO-IT is Changing the World” in the DO-IT Retrospective. We look forward to another 25 years of engaging students, job-seekers, educators, administrators, service providers, employers, policy-makers, and other stakeholders in these efforts.