Summer Study 2013 - Saturday, July 20
- Meet up with a group in the McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:30 to go down to breakfast.
Phase I: Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase I: Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor) to load bus for Pacific Science Center.
- Explore the Science Center in groups of 3 or more.
Arrive at the Pacific Science Center and explore (Downtown Seattle, 2nd Ave North entrance).
- Meet at entrance to IMAX BOEING Theater by 11:30 for seating for the movie.
IMAX Movie: Flight of the Butterflies 3D in IMAX BOEING Theater
Lunch (Box lunches provided at tables outside café in the center area of the second floor of the Pacific Science Center).
Explore Exhibits of the Pacific Science Center
- Meet at entrance to Laser Dome by 3:30 for seating for the laser show
Laser Show: Michael Jackson in Laser Dome
Phase I: Load Bus at Pacific Science Center and return to UW (meet at the same location as you were dropped off).
Phase I: Depart McCarty Main Entrance for Haggett Hall Patio
- Mix and mingle with the Phase I and II Scholars.
Phase I & II: Dinner and Phase II Scholar Welcome (Haggett Hall Patio)
- Have your picture taken for the DO-IT Snapshots yearbook.
Scholar Photos- Please be ready to have your photo taken (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor)
- Create the "Ultimate Ice Cream Treat" at our DO-IT yourself sundae table.
- Share your hidden talent or sing your favorite tune with fellow Scholars and a karaoke machine.
Phase I & II: "I Scream" and KARAOKE! (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor)
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Lobby or Lounges).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Flush and Brush!
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.