Summer Study 2011 - Wednesday, July 13
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00.
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Meet outside McMahon Hall Lobby to depart for Johnson
- View video: Computer Access: In Our Own Words. Watch closely for DO-IT Ambassadors you want to get to know.
- Get "connected" with your fellow Scholars, Ambassadors and Mentors. Send an email message to at least one current Scholar, one Phase II Scholar, one Ambassador, and one Mentor.
Phase I: Computer Lab/Email Set-up and Staying Connected (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist and Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
Phase I:Snack Break Snack Break(outside Johnson Hall, Room 111)
- Computer users beware! Learn strategies for maintaining and protecting your computer– anti-virus software and upgrades, downloading precautions, tips for staying safe online and more!
- Explore accessibility features built into your laptop that you will hear about on our Microsoft field trip.
Phase I: Web Search, Red Alert and Accessible Tech Options (Johnson Hall, Room 111) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Work with Scholars who have disabilities similar to your own.
Phase I: Lunch with Planning Groups (all groups eat in By George, Odegaard Undergraduate Library, Lower Level, Glass Room)
- Learn more about the field of biomedical research.
Phase I: Killing Killer Organisms: Part 1 (Mary Gates Hall, Room 241) Theresa Britschgi, Seattle Biotechnology Research Institution BioQuest Science Education Director
Phase I: Snack Break (Outside Mary Gates Hall, Room 241)
Phase I: Killing Killer Organisms: Part 2 (Mary Gates Hall, Room 241) Theresa Britschgi, Seattle Biomedical Research Institution BioQuest Science Education Director
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and questions and answer.
Phase I: Staying Connected (Mary Gates Hall, Room 241) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Program Director
Phase I: Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Phase I Meet in front of McMahon Hall to depart for U Village.
Phase I: Village People!
- Meet in front of McMahon Hall to depart for University Village in groups.
- Hang out at the U-Village outdoor mall. Travel in groups of 3 or more, each with an intern or staff member.
- Pick up a treat with your Starbucks card!
Phase I: Meet in front of Ravenna Gardens to return from U-Village to campus. Riders who want to ride back to the dorm in the van, meet at Ravenna Gardens.
Evening Dorm Activities / Go To Bed
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.