Summer Study 2009 - Tuesday, July 21
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00.
Open Computer Lab (Optional) (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
Phase II: Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
College: You Can DO-IT! (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Dyane Haynes, Director, UW Disability Resources for Students
- Get ready to go to college and learn how to request and receive the accommodations you need.
- View video College: You Can DO-IT.
Phase II Workshops:
- Lights, Cameras, Action! DXARTS Creative Video Lab. (Raitt 129) Tivon Rice, Teaching Assistant, Digital Arts and Experimental Media, University of Washington
- What do you NOAA? (HUB Room 304D, 3rd Floor) Annmarie Poginay, DO-IT Ambassador
- Exploratory Neurobiology: Bugs, Mice and Brains! (Kincaid 248) Martha Bosma, Associate Professor, Biology, University of Washington
- DO-IT Second Life! (HUB Room 304F, 3rd Floor) Terry Thompson, DO-IT Technology Specialist
Snack Break (Outside HUB 106B, 1st Floor)
It's Your Career (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor) Scott Bellman, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Analyze your skills and interests and apply them to careers.
- Explore the coolest jobs and hottest careers for your future.
- View video It's Your Career.
DO-IT Mentoring, Career Panel, and Lunch with DO-IT Advisory Board Members/Guests, and Summer Academy Presentation (HUB East Ballroom, 2nd Floor)
- Meet DO-IT Advisory Board members, mentors, and special guests.
- Learn more about what it takes to be successful in school and on the job from professionals with disabilities in a variety of career fields.
- Hear about the exciting projects the students in the AccessComputing Summer Academy are working on.
Snack Break (Outside HUB East Ballroom, 2nd Floor)
"We Did It, So Can You!" (HUB East Ballroom, 2nd Floor and HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
- Phase II Scholars will present their projects.
- Phase I Scholars pick up ideas for the project you will complete and report on next year.
Staying Connected (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Check-in and chat about DO-IT workshops, assignments, daily events, Phase II, Ambassadors, internships, and questions and answers.
Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Meet in front of McCarty Hall to depart for the Tour de UW.
Tour de UW (Parking Lot C-10 near Anderson Hall)
- Feel the wind rushing through your eyelashes! Find your adventurous soul. We have the bicycle for you - modified to fit your every need by the Outdoors-for-All Foundation.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.