Summer Study 2008 - Tuesday, July 15
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Computer Lab set-up (Tech Staff) (HUB 108, 1st Floor)
Program Set-up (Interns and Staff) (Meet in McCarty Hall Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level)
Lunch (HUB Food Court, Ground Floor)
Intern Rooms & Campus Orientation (HUB 108)
Phase I Scholar Registration (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level)
Welcome Meeting for Scholars and Parents (Haggett Hall Lounge, Plaza Level) Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Welcome: Program goals, schedule, expectations, safety, and staff introductions.
- McCarty Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholar and Guest introductions.
Welcome Dinner (Haggett Hall Patio, Plaza Level)
- Your first assignment: "This is Your Life!"
DO-IT Success Panel (Haggett Hall Patio, Plaza Level)
- Words of wisdom about college, employment, and DO-IT participation from DO-IT Interns, Mentors, and Ambassadors who have "done it" before.
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities take place on Denny Field across from McCarty Hall (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or 3rd Floor Lounge).
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.