Summer Study 2008 - Monday, July 21
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00.
Open Computer Lab (Optional) (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
Phase II: Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
Exploration– (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor) Michael Richardson, DO-IT Program Manager
- Explore your learning styles and talk about learning strategies that work best for you.
Phase II Workshops:
- HIT the Note! An Augmented Reality Workshop (Meet in front of McCarty Hall at 8:15 to depart for Ballard) Suzanne Weghorst, Director, Human Interface Technology Lab, University of Washington
- What do you NOAA? (Mary Gates Hall Room 253, 2nd Floor) Annmarie Poginy, DO-IT Ambassador
- Digitize to Save the Planet! (Mary Gates Hall Room 297, 2nd Floor) Ryan Ferguson and Beth Lewis, Pearson Foundation
- The Game of Life (Paul Alan CSE Building Room 002, Basement) Chris Schlecty, DO-IT Ambassador
- BioToy Factory (Foege North Lobby) Alexandra MacKenzie, DO-IT Ambassador
Snack Break (Outside Foege Building-Breezway)
A Whole New World! Foege, 1st Floor North Lobby) UW Bioengineering Department
- Learn about the exciting field of Bioengineering and participate in a cool hands-on activity.
Lunch (Vista Cafe, Foege South Tower, Breezeway Level)
Phase II: Lunch (HUB Food Court, Ground Floor)
- Visiting (Outside HUB 1st Floor)
- Open Computer Lab (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
Oh, the Nerve! (Kincaid Hall Annex, A023D, Basement) Dr. Marti Bosma, UW Biology Professor
- Learn about college programs and careers in the field of neurobiology.
- Explore a neurobiology lab and participate in hands-on experiment.
Phase II: First Impressions Count! (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Tami Tidwell, DO-IT Program Coordinator
- Learn tips for a successful job interview.
- Prepare for your mock interviews later this week.
Phase II: Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase II: Biotechnology (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Dhileep Sivam, Seattle Biotechnology Research Institution
- Learn more about the field of Biotechnology and careers in the biotech fields.
Phase II: Open Computer Lab (Optional) (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
- If you need to polish up your resume or put the finishing touches on your Phase II project, now's the time!
Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Down to Dining Level, Ground Floor)
Meet in front of McCarty Hall to depart for the Tour de UW.
Tour de UW (Parking Lot C-10 near Anderson Hall)
- Feel the wind rushing through your eyelashes! Find your adventurous soul. We have the bicycle for you - modified to fit your every need by the Outdoors-for-All Foundation.
Phase II: Activity Choice:
- Meet at 6:45 in the McCarty Hall Entrance Lobby for cycling with Outdoors-for-All (Parking Lot C-10 near Anderson Hall).
- Open Computer Lab (HUB 108, 1st Floor).
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.