Summer Study 2004 - Wednesday, August 4
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:00.
Computer Lab/E-mail Set-up (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist and Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Get "connected" with your fellow Scholars, Ambassadors and Mentors. Send an email message to at least one current scholar, one Phase II scholar, one Ambassador, and one mentor.
- View video "Computer Access: In Our Own Words."
Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
AT Question Session (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Doug Hayman DO-IT Technology Specialist
- A discussion of some of the assistive technology Scholars use.
- Continue "Getting Connected" exercise.
Join Your Lunch Bunch
Lunch with Video Planning Groups (HUB Food Court, Ground Floor)
Group Soup! (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor ) Kurt Sahl, UW Center for Instructional Development and Research
- Learn the "recipe" for successful group learning.
Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 108, 1st Floor)
Planning for College (HUB Room 108, 1st Floor) Dyane Haynes, UW Disabled Student Services Director
- Get ready to go to college and learn how to request and receive the accommodations you need.
- View video "College: You Can DO-IT."
Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
Craft Fest! (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Lounge/Patio, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level)
- Explore your artistic talents and make something cool to take home!
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level to go to Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall).
- Visiting, board games, video games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge or McCarty Library).
- Relax in your room to store up energy for another busy day tomorrow.
Flush and Brush!
- Time to finish up your evening routine and head to your room by 11:00.
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.