Summer Study 2003 - Monday, August 4
Breakfast (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
Open Computer Lab (Optional) (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase II Meet in McCarty Entrance Lobby (3rd Floor, Lobby Level) to depart for Phase II Workshops.
Computer Lab: Web Design (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Terry Thompson, UW DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Learn the basics of HTML.
Phase II Workshops:
- The Game of Life and Image Processing (Sieg Hall 228) Richard Ladner, Professor, Computer Science Professor, University of Washington
- Human Interface Technology Lab (Ocean Sciences Room 111) Bruce Campbell, Human Interface Technology Lab, University of Washington
- World Wide Access (LUTE Lab, Engineering Library) Wendy Chisholm. World Wide Web Consortium, Accessibility Specialist
- As the World Turns (Academic Computing Center (ACC) Room 044) Deb Schmitt, Science and Math Instructor, South Kitasp School District
Phase I: Snack Break (Outside HUB 106B, 1st Floor)
Computer Lab: Web Design (HUB Room 106B 1st Floor) Terry Thompson, UW DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Explore the secrets behind your favorite Web-sites.
Lunch (HUB Food Court, Ground Floor)
- Visiting (Outside HUB 1st Floor)
- Open Computer Lab (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Web Portfolio Lab: Know Your Style, Know Yourself (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Lyla Crawford, DO-IT Program Coordinator/Counselor
- Explore your learning styles and interests and how to best apply them to succeed in school and your career.
Phase II: Technology and the Law (HUB 200ABC, 2nd Floor) Elizabeth Holohan, UW Law Student
- Find out what it takes to become a lawyer.
- Explore careers in technology and patent law.
Snack Break (Outside HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase I and Phase II: College Life: What Helps and Where to Find It (HUB Room 200ABC, 2nd Floor) Lyla Crawford, DO-IT Program Coordinator/Counselor
- Talk to fellow Scholars and Mentors about helpful accommodations and how to get them in college and beyond.
Dinner (McMahon Hall Cafeteria, Ground Floor, Dining Level)
Human Interface Technology (HIT) Lab Tour (215 Fluke Hall), Suzanne Weghorst, Director, Interface Development
- Join your assigned group for a tour of the UW HIT Lab.
- Group 1 Meet in the McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge at 6:15.
- Group 2 Meet in the McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge at 7:15.
Phase II: Open Computer Lab (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities take place on Denny Field outside across from McCarty Hall (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level).
- Computer simulations and games (McCarty Hall Library, 3rd Floor).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lounge or 3rd Floor Lounge).
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.