Summer Study 2002 - Wednesday, July 31
Early Morning Campus Walk/Jog (optional)
- Meet at McCarty Main Entrance Lobby if interested (3rd Floor, Lobby Level).
Breakfast (Hagget Hall Cafeteria, Kitchen Level)
- Depart McCarty Hall Main Entrance Lobby between 7:00 and 8:30.
Open Computer Lab/Email Set-up (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor)
- Bring your software/hardware if Doug has requested it.
- Arrive at the Lab no later than 9:30.
- Get "connected" with fellow Scholars and Mentors.
- Polish up your Snapshots BIO.
Snack Break (Outside OUGL Main Entrance, 1st Floor)
DO-IT with Computers (OUGL Collab2, 1st Floor) Doug Hayman, DO-IT Technology Specialist
- Scholars demonstrate the way cool technology they use.
- View video: Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology.
Lunch with Video Planning Groups (HUB Food Court, Ground Floor)
Planning for College (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Dyane Haynes, UW Disabled Student Services Director
- Get ready to go to college and learn how to get the accommodations you need.
- View video: College: You Can DO-IT.
Snack Break (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor)
Phase I: The Wonderful World of Engineering (HUB Room 106B, 1st Floor) Frank Ashby, College of Engineering Instructor
- Explore the many exciting disciplines in the field of engineering.
Dinner (Hagget Hall Cafeteria, Kitchen Level)
Craft Fest! (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Lounge/Patio, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level)
- Explore your artistic talents and make something cool to take home!
Evening Dorm Activities
- Outdoor sports activities take place on Denny Field across from McCarty Hall (Meet in McCarty Hall Main Lounge, 3rd Floor, Lobby Level).
- Computer simulations and games (McCarty Hall Room 284, 2nd Floor).
- Visiting, board games, crafts & more (McCarty Hall Main Lounge or 3rd Floor Lounge).
Goodnight! All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Hall.