Summer Study 2000 - Tuesday, August 1
Registration (McCarty Residence Hall Lobby)
- Pick out a t-shirt, fasten your name with tape and get autographs from the 20 other Phase I Scholars.
Introduction for Scholars and Parents (McCarty Library)
Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Welcome - Program goals, schedule, expectations, staff introductions.
- McCarty Residence Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholars introduce themselves and guests.
- Video: Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination
- What makes kids succeed? Internal and external factors
- "This is your life" - your first assignment: In pairs, match Scholars, Interns and staff with their little-known life experiences.
BBQ (McMahon Residence Hall Deck)
DO-IT Intern/Mentor/Ambassador Success Panel (McCarty Library)
View video: Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet
McCarty Dorm activity options:
- Volleyball (Meet in McCarty Lobby)
- Videos (McCarty Small Lounge)
- Games, visiting (McCarty Entrance Lounge)
All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Residence Hall.