Summer Study 2000 - Saturday, August 5
Breakfast (McMahon Cafeteria, arrive between 7am-8am)
Continental Breakfast (McCarty Small Lounge) for those Scholars who want to sleep late.
Meet in McCarty Residence Hall Entrance Lobby to load bus for Pacific Science Center.
Arrive Pacific Science Center (2nd Ave North entrance)
- Throughout the day, visit the exhibits and shows in groups (of three or more).
Arrive at IMAX Theater (upper level) to see Dolphins. Show begins at 12:15 p.m.
Lunch (Pacific Science Center Cafe, upper level)
Registration (McCarty Residence Hall Entrance Lounge) and Get Back in Touch Time (McCarty Entrance Lounge)
Arrive at Laser Arena (lower level) to see "Pop Rocks." Show begins at 3:00.
Meet at Dinosaur Pond (lower level) in Pacific Science Center.
Load bus for return to University of Washington.
Introduction for Scholars and Parents (McCarty Library) Kathy Cook, Counselor/Coordinator, Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Welcome - Program goals, schedule, expectations, staff introductions.
- McCarty Residence Hall rules and emergency procedures (Resident Advisor).
- Scholars re-introduce themselves & guests and share college/employment post-high school plans.
- View Video: Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination.
BBQ (Haggett Residence Hall Deck)
- Mingle with the Phase II Scholars.
Individual and Group Pictures / Group Activity (McCarty Library)
McCarty Dorm Activity Options:
- Volleyball (Meet in McCarty Lobby.)
- Video (McCarty Small Lounge)
- Games, visiting (McCarty Entrance Lounge)
All Scholars must be in their rooms at McCarty Residence Hall.