Summer Study 1998 - Session 1 - Tuesday, August 4
Registration (McCarty Residence Hall Lobby)
- Pick out a t-shirt, fasten your name with tape and get autographs from the 19 other Phase I Scholars.
Introduction for Scholars and Parents (McCarty Library)
Sheryl Burgstahler, DO-IT Director
- Welcome - Program goals, schedule, expectations, staff.
- McCarty Residence Hall rules and emergency procedures (RA).
- Scholars introduce themselves and guests.
- Video: College - You Can Do It!
- What makes kids succeed?
- "This is your life" - your first assignment: In pairs, match Scholars, Interns and staff with their little-known life experiences.
BBQ (McMahon Residence Hall Deck)
DO-IT Mentor/Ambassador Success Panel (McCarty Library).
McCarty Dorm activity options:
- Games, visiting (McCarty Entrance Lounge)
All Scholars must be in their rooms in McCarty Residence Hall.