Summer Study 1998 - Session 1 - Thursday, August 6
Breakfast (HUB Husky Den)
Open Computer Lab (HUB 106B)
The Internet: It's a Wild Web World! (HUB 106B)
Sheryl Burgstahler, CJ, DO-IT Ambassador
- Explore the World Wide Web.
- View video; World Wide Access.
Snack Break (HUB Husky Den)
Planning for College (HUB 106B) Kathy Cook
- Get ready to go to college and learn how to get the accommodations you need.
Lunch With Video Discussion Groups (HUB Husky Den)
- Open Computer Lab (HUB 106B)
- Visiting (outside HUB 106B)
- Games Room - billiards, bowling, video games at own cost (HUB basement).
Meet in HUB 106B to walk to Bagley 133
Science You Can Feel (Bagley 133), Jeanne Portelance, Chemistry Teacher
- A hands on science lab where you will feel the difference science makes!
Snack Break (HUB 200A)
Let's DO-IT Together! (HUB 200A), Kurt Sahl, UW Center for Instructional Development and Research
- Learn the advantages of working in groups as a learning strategy in science.
- Hone your work group skills.
Dinner (McMahon Residence Hall Cafeteria)
Meet at McCarty entrance lounge to walk to the Henry Art Gallery
Tour of Henry Art Gallery
Cool off with Ice Cream on the Ave (optional).
McCarty Dorm Activity Options:
- Volleyball (Meet in McCarty Lobby.)
- Games, visiting (McCarty Entrance Lounge)
- Video, crafts (McCarty Small Lounge)
All Scholars must be in their rooms at McCarty Residence Hall.