Summer Study 1998 - Session 1 - Friday, August 14
Breakfast (HUB Husky Den)
Open Computer Lab (HUB 106B)
- Finish up evaluations, newsletter articles, and other assignments.
Phase II Workshops:
- Making Science Labs Accessible to Everyone (Bagley 133) Dr. Greg Stefenich, Professor , University of Northern Iowa
- Technical Communication (Mechanical Engineering Building 248, 9:30-10:30; then Loew Hall 19) Serena Shubert, UW Lecturer
- The Game of Life and Image Processing (Sieg Hall 228) Jim Fix, Graduate Student, Computer Science, University of Washington
- Using Math to Describe and Build Objects (MEB 113) Mark Ganter, Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington
Snack Break (HUB Husky Den, near 106B)
What Comes Next? (HUB Husky Den, near 106B), Sheryl Burgstahler
- Discuss Phase II expectations, share Phase II project ideas.
Lunch (HUB Husky Den)
- Then, begin getting ready to check out of McCarty Dorm.
- Check out by 5:30 pm unless you are staying the night.
Phase II Summer Study Reports (McCarty Library)
- Pay attention! You'll be doing this next year.
Testimonial Time! (McCarty Library)
- All Scholars share future plans for college and careers.
See ya in Cyberspace!
Pizza for those staying over night (McCarty Entrance Lounge).
Scholars who are staying the night must be in McCarty Residence Hall.