Mentor Tip: Steps to Success
Send this message to the mentors only.
Subject: Mentoring tips on steps to success
Some of the messages I will be sending out to our online community are organized around the following advice, synthesized from hundreds of responses from successful young people and adults with disabilities who responded to a survey:
- Define success for yourself.
- Set personal, academic, and career goals. Keep your expectations high.
- Understand your abilities and disabilities. Play to your strengths.
- Develop strategies to reach your goals.
- Use technology as an empowering tool.
- Work hard. Persevere. Be flexible.
- Develop a support network. Look to family, friends, and teachers.
I will be sending the mentors some summary information in addition to the messages I send to our entire online community.
[name of e-mentoring administrator]