Interview Do's and Don'ts
- Arrive 10 minutes early. Go alone to the interview.
- Greet the interviewer with a warm, confident "Hello" and a firm handshake.
- Be well rested.
- Dress and groom yourself with perfection. (Appropriate business attire, make-up, deodorant).
- Maintain good eye contact and posture (unless you cannot physically do so).
- Emphasize positive things about yourself.
- Be honest about your background and experience.
- Ask a few appropriate questions.
- Remain calm and alert to answer all questions.
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time.
- Send a thank you note.
- Bring a friend or relative with you.
- Arrive late.
- Use excessive perfume or make-up.
- Ask about the salary unless the interviewer brings it up.
- Look hesitant when asked tough questions - think before answering.
- "Bad mouth" a former employer or past co-workers.
- Chew gum.
- Appear anxious to end the interview.
- Tell jokes.
- Use slang.