How are instructors informed that a student needs an academic accommodation?

Date Updated

Students who wish to exercise their right to disability-related accommodations must provide the campus disabled student services office with documentation of their disability. The disabled student services office then notifies their instructors that specific accommodations are necessary. On most campuses, instructors receive written notification describing the nature of the appropriate academic adjustments for the student. Students are encouraged to request accommodations prior to the beginning of the academic term, however, the student may request accommodations at any time during the course.