E-Community Activity: Making Informed Decisions
Send this message to the e-community of protégés and mentors.
Subject: Making informed decisions
Making decisions is an important part of becoming an adult. To make good decisions, you need to understand the problem and know what options are available and the consequences of each.
Here are steps you can follow to make an informed decision:
- Determine what the problem is.
- Determine what information you need, and use personal and information resources to get it.
- Determine what choices you have and the consequences, advantages, and disadvantages of each action.
- Make a decision.
- Take action.
- Evaluate your decision according to results.
- Adjust your decision or next steps as needed.
What are some of the things you need to know in order to make an informed decision about what colleges to apply to?