E-Community Activity: Affirming Success
Send this message to the e-community of protégés and mentors.
Subject: Affirming success
Listed below are some affirmations of individuals with disabilities who have achieved success. Read each statement and think about whether it applies to you now.
- I have high expectations for myself.
- I set goals for myself.
- I can identify steps to reach my goals.
- I anticipate results.
- I am motivated to succeed.
- I like to do things myself.
- I like to learn new things.
- I work hard in school.
- I am creative.
- I have a sense of direction.
- I plan ahead and make choices carefully.
Tell us what you can do to make one of these statements stronger in your life within the next month. Tell how a parent, guardian, teacher, or someone else you know could help you make this statement stronger in your life.