E-Community Activity: Affirming Success
Send this message to the e-community of protégés and mentors.
Subject: Affirming success
Some affirmations (positive statements) from successful people with disabilities are listed below. Read each statement and think about whether it applies to you now.
- I know what success means to me.
- I use my own definition of success to measure my achievements.
- I can achieve success.
- I am self-determined.
- I have a positive attitude.
- I have a sense of purpose in my life.
- I have a sense of humor.
- I have control over the most important aspects of my life.
- I can make friends, and I value my friendships.
- I am sensitive to the needs of others.
Select one of these statements. Tell us what you can do and how others could help you make this statement stronger in your life.