E-Community Activity: Affirming Success
Send this message to the e-community of protégés and mentors.
Subject: Affirming success
Successful people learn from their experiences. Below, successful people with disabilities share advice on learning from their experiences as they work toward achieving goals.
- Find something that you do well, and use that as a stepping stone to succeed in other areas.
- Never, ever give up on your dreams and goals, no matter what happens. Like they say, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" Just because you don't make it the first or second or third time doesn't mean you will never make it. Every time you don't make it will make you a stronger person and will make you want to reach your goals even more.
Read each of the following affirmations of successful individuals and reflect on whether it applies to you now.
- I am resilient.
- I can handle things that happen to me in a positive way.
- I compare outcomes to what I expected.
- I compare my performance to what I expected.
- I make adjustments based on outcomes.
Select one of the statements that is not always true for you now and describe one example of what you can do to make this statement stronger in your life.