E-Community Activity: Affirming Success
Send this message to the e-community of protégés and mentors.
Subject: Affirming success
Listed below are affirmations of individuals with disabilities who have achieved success. Read each statement and think about whether it applies to you.
- I am a creative problem solver.
- I am assertive.
- I am persistent.
- I do not give up easily.
- I am adaptable.
- I can think of ways to accomplish a task differently.
- I can resolve conflicts in a positive way.
- I work hard.
- I am self-disciplined.
- I take risks.
- I communicate.
- I access resources and support.
- I am an effective self-advocate.
- I can negotiate.
- I can deal with conflict and criticism.
Select one of the statements that is not always true for you now, and give one example of what you can do to make this statement stronger in your life. Tell us how a parent, teacher, or other person in your life could help you make this statement stronger in your life and how you can obtain their assistance.