DO-IT Publications: Information Technology
- Beyond Summer: Conducting Internet Activities at Camp - how to add Internet experiences to summer camp programs for children and youth with disabilities.
- Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination - guidelines and insights from people with disabilities that may help young people learn to lead self-determined lives.
- 30 Web Accessibility Tips - how to create or deploy web-based resources that are fully accessible to all users.
- Assistive Technology used by DO-IT Scholars - hardware and software used by DO-IT participants.
- Creating Video Products that are Accessible to People with Sensory Impairments - guidelines and designing resources for accessible products.
- Designing Software that is Accessible to Individuals with Disabilities - accessibility guidelines for software.
- DO-IT Technology Access for People with Disabilities - outline of DO-IT's comprehensive collection of information and resources on assistive technology and accessible design of information technology.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computing Departments - how to make computing departments accessible to people with disabilities.
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computer Labs - how to make computer labs accessible to people with disabilities.
- Equal Access: UW Computer Labs - how to make your University of Washington computer labs accessible to people with disabilities.
- Making Electronic Resources Accessible in Libraries - focuses on how libraries can ensure that everyone has access to their electronic resources.
- Universal Design of Web Pages in Class Projects - options for instructors of web design courses and other instructors who have students create web pages as an activity in their classes to integrate accessibility content within any course.
- Use of Telecommunications Products by People with Disabilities - guidelines and resources for making telecommunication products accessible to everyone.
- Web Accessibility: Guidelines for Administrators - guidance for non-technical administrators regarding how to ensure that websites in their organizations are accessible to everyone.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Learning Disabilities - students and workers with learning disabilities demonstrate computer-based tools and strategies.
- Working Together: Computers and People With Mobility Impairments - people with mobility impairments demonstrate computer access technology.
- Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments - people with visual and hearing impairments demonstrate computer technology for school and work.
- Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology - adaptive technology and computer applications for people with disabilities.
Accessible Distance Learning
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Distance Learning - a checklist to ensure access and promote the learning of all students.
- Real Connections: Making Distance Learning Accessible to Everyone - guidelines for designing Internet-based distance learning courses to fully include all students.
- Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet - students develop supportive relationships with adult mentors on the Internet.