You've heard of the DO-IT Scholars. You've heard of the DO-IT Campers. You've heard of the DO-IT Mentors. Well, watch out for the DO-IT Pals! DO-IT Pals form an electronic community of pre-college students from around the world with disabilities who support one another in their efforts to pursue college degrees and careers in science, engineering, mathematics and technology. They communicate with each other, get advice from DO-IT Mentors and participate in projects throughout the year. To become a DO-IT Pal you must:
- be a high school freshman, sophomore, or junior
- have access to a computer and the Internet
- be interested in attending a 2- or 4-year college
- have interests in science, engineering, mathematics or technology
- want to communicate with and work together with other students with disabilities who have common interests
Contact the DO-IT office for a DO-IT Pal application packet.