You've heard of the DO-IT Scholars. You've heard of the DO-IT Campers. You've heard of the DO-IT Mentors. Well, watch out for the DO-IT Pals! DO-IT Pals form an electronic community of pre-college students with disabilities from around the world, who support one another in their efforts to pursue college degrees and careers in science, engineering, mathematics, and technology. They communicate with each other, get advice from DO-IT Mentors, and participate in projects throughout the year. To become a DO-IT Pal, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a high school freshman, sophomore, or junior
- have access to a computer and the Internet
- be interested in attending a 2- or 4-year college
- have interests in science, engineering, mathematics, or technology
- want to communicate and work together with other students with disabilities who have common interests
Contact the DO-IT office for a DO-IT Pals application packet.