About the CBI
The Washington State Accessible IT Capacity Building Institute on Policy #188 provided a forum for prioritizing work to help every institution meet the requirements presented in the Policy established in 2016. Attendees included disability service and computing professionals and Policy #188 coordinators from postsecondary institutions across Washington State. This CBI aimed to improve the accessibility of IT developed, procured, and used by Washington State postsecondary institutions. Our objectives include increasing our capacity to build upon the following:
- understanding of federal legislation and Washington State Policy #188
- knowledge of successful practices
- relationships between those who implement Policy #188
The CBI included presentations and discussions. Participants from various institutions shared promising practices and successful endeavors in accessible IT. In small working groups, participants also responded to the following questions:
- What is (1) helping and (2) holding back your progress on implementing Policy #188?
- What are key steps you are planning to take to implement Policy #188, short term and long term?
In this CBI
- all participants contributed to its success,
- experts in key topic areas were in the audience, and
- new ideas evolved from discussions.
CBI participants shared their diverse perspectives and expertise. The agenda for the CBI and summaries of the presentations are provided on the following pages.