2015 DO-IT Summer Study Schedule
Thanks for making Summer Study 2015 a success!
The following guidelines will help you move smoothly through the Summer Study program and gain the maximum benefit from the activities. This schedule lets you know what is planned and when to be ready!
- Plan ahead for rest, personal care, and other needs so you can arrive promptly and participate in all activities. If you require a schedule change, request approval from a DO-IT staff member.
- Show your appreciation for the people who are contributing their time and talents to this program by keeping an open and respectful attitude.
- Practice self-advocacy! If you require special disability-related accommodations in order to participate, request them from the presenter or a DO-IT staff member.
- Complete individual or group projects as assigned. Use time available during open computer labs to complete newsletter articles and other assignments.
- Abide by all curfews and gather only in designated campus locations. In McCarty Hall, please remember that only female Scholars are permitted on 3rd Floor North and only male Scholars are permitted on 3rd Floor South. The main McCarty lobby and lounges are open to everyone.
- Be aware of your personal safety during the program, both on campus and off. Travel in groups of 3 or more that include an intern or staff member. Keep track of your roommate or other "buddy." Please follow accessible routes noted in your schedule.
- Wear your nametag and carry your room keys, meal card, and Summer Study schedule with you at all times.
On your schedule look for the following major areas of focus for each activity:
- Academic/College Preparation: Planning for college, securing accommodations, and exploring different fields of study.
- Career Preparation: Exploring new and exciting career fields, and participating in work-based learning.
- High-Tech Skills: Developing technology skills, learning about assistive technology, and designing a website.
If you have suggestions for additional activities to add to the schedule, share your ideas with any DO-IT staff member.