Undergraduate Research Program
Undergraduate Research Leaders (URLs) serve a central role in connecting undergraduates to URP. The goal for URLs is to increase awareness and participation of undergraduates in research from a range of disciplines (e.g., humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, etc). Anticipated URL time commitment is approximately 8-10 hours/month and dependent on quarterly events and student availability.
- Share your experience in, and enthusiasm for, undergraduate research at the UW.
- Assist URP with student-focused outreach and program events, such as tabling, information sessions, panels, FIG presentations, and the Annual UW Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Partner with URP staff and other URLs to develop new ideas.
- Attend an initial orientation and training session, as well as monthly meetings with URP staff.
- Make an impact on the educational experience of your peers and make a difference for future undergraduate researchers.
- Gain outreach and leadership experience for personal growth and résumé /CV building.
- Engage in professional development workshops hosted by URP staff.
- Practice your public speaking by promoting undergraduate research to student groups.
- Network with students, faculty, and staff on campus.
- Receive a nifty URL sweatshirt and nametag.
- Must be a current UW undergraduate student.
- Must have at least 3 quarters of experience in research, scholarship, or creative activities.
- Must have presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium or a similar academic event or conference.