Office of Global Affairs

Travel warnings and waivers

  • If you are planning to travel to a country with a US State Department Travel Warning or CDC Level 3 Travel Health Warning, you should request a travel warning waiver.
  • The International Travel Risk Assessment and Safety Committee (ITRASC) may also require travel waivers for additional countries.
  • Check the US State Department and CDC websites above to find out whether your destination requires a waiver.

UW students

  • You must request a UW travel warning waiver if proposing to travel to a restricted country.
  • If you are traveling with a faculty-led program to a restricted country, the program leader will submit a group waiver request. You do not need to complete an individual waiver.
  • Review of individual requests can take up to 45 days.
  • Please review the Student International Travel Policy page for more information and FAQs.

UW employees

  • If you are traveling to restricted country, we strongly encourage you to contact the Global Travel Security Manager for support. Email or call 206.616.7927.

Request a travel warning waiver

Individual waiver

Group waiver