UW employee emergency travel assistance
The UW provides emergency travel assistance to faculty, staff, and qualified student employees traveling abroad on University business. Please review the following information thoroughly.
Emergency travel assistance
UW employees traveling abroad on University business are automatically covered by an emergency travel assistance plan administered by On Call International. It provides assistance with medical, security, and natural disaster evacuation, as well as travel assistance. It does not provide health insurance abroad. Please review On Call International’s benefits document for full details.
Plan benefits include:
- Medical and security evacuation services for emergencies plus repatriation benefits anywhere in the world
- Natural and political disaster evacuation coverage
- Travel assistance including legal advice and lost document assistance
- Coordination of payment for medical services rendered abroad – please read the following points carefully:
- In a medical emergency, On Call can assist in paying a medical provider for your medical expenses in order for you to secure treatment.
- This would be done only with authorization from your employer.
- These expenses are ultimately your responsibility to pay. If On Call is able to collect medical insurance information from you, they will attempt to coordinate benefits with your primary health insurer at the time you are receiving care.
- You will need to submit a claim with your primary health insurer.
Health insurance through your U.S.-based plan
- Health care costs abroad for University employees and their dependents are covered according to their U.S.-based health plan.
- Deductibles and restrictions specific to individual plans will apply.
- Consult your personal health insurance policy for details.
Discounted coverage for dependents and personal travel
- Please consider purchasing emergency travel assistance coverage for dependents joining you as you travel on University business or for your personal travel.
- Emergency travel assistance coverage via an On Call International retail membership is offered at a 30% discount to the following groups:
- UW employees on personal travel
- Spouses, partners, and children of UW faculty, staff or student employees (including TA/RA and other salary or wage-paid, benefits-eligible positions that are eligible for benefits, not including student hourly employees)
- Contact the Global Travel Security Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.616.7927
- Contact On Call