This page is intended to assist University of Washington youth programs with responding to the COVID-19 outbreak by providing relevant resources specific to youth populations. Programs should additionally refer to guidance from the University, Public Health – Seattle & King County, the Washington Department of Health, the CDC, and other relevant governing bodies.
If you are a youth program looking for guidance on responsibilities in regards to COVID-19, please click here:
Operational Guidance for UW Youth Programs During COVID-19
Page last updated 04/06/2023
About COVID-19: Resources and Response
Resources for UW child care and youth programs
- Operational guidance for UW youth programs during COVID-19: overview of all allowable youth program activities by UW’s Safe Start phases
- University guidance for virtual youth programs: required protocols and safety precautions for all virtual youth programs
- Resources for high-quality virtual programming [PDF]: resources for designing and facilitating engaging youth programming via virtual methods
- Considerations for Youth Protection in a Virtual World from the American Camp Association
- UW Medicine Right as Rain: “How to talk to your kids about the coronavirus”
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network COVID-19 Resources include a variety of resources for parents, caregivers, and programs, including this factsheet for parents and caregivers
- CDC guidance on coping with stress during COVID-19 for kids and caregivers
- CDC’s guide on coping with a disaster or traumatic event [PDF]
- WA DOH’s Behavioral Health Toolbox for Families: Supporting Children and Teens During the COVID-19 pandemic [PDF]
Sample social distance-friendly curricula
These curricula have been offered by UW youth programs and may be useful for youth programs and parents/families alike.
If you have a resource to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and thank you!
- Soundbites: 3x/week mini audio storytelling activities from RadioActive
- KUOW RadioActive
- Soundbites: 3x/week mini audio storytelling activities
- Interview workshop [.docx]
- Writing workshop [.docx]
- Storytelling workshop [.docx]