You can add holds to Applications, Funding Actions, or any type of Admin Action. You can also modify or remove existing holds whether added manually or automatically by the system.
There are two categories of hold reasons: Non-Compliance and Compliance.
Non-Compliance hold reasons are:
- For Check
- Other (Campus)
- Other (Sponsor)
- Pending Fully Executed Agreement
- Pending Notice to Process/Activation Notice
- PI Signature
- Revised Budget
Compliance hold reasons are:
- Administrative Support
- Cost Share
- Export Control
- Federal Flow-Through
- IACUC Approval
- IRB Approval
- PHS Training
- Applications: If there is an Export Control watcher on the approval flow, when the application reaches In OSP status, the system will automatically add an Export Control compliance hold. Manually added holds on Applications do not enforce any process rules.
- Actions: The system will automatically place some compliance holds on Funding Actions and Post-Award Changes. See the section on Automatic Holds for further details.
Add a Hold
- On the left navigation menu, select Add/Modify Hold
- In the dialog window that opens, check one or more hold reason boxes. The dialog window is shown in the following image for a Funding Action.
- Enter any optional OSP notes about the holds
- Click Save to complete the process.
Note: When you open the Add/Modify Hold dialog window after the first time, you will see an expandable bar below the list of holds titled “Previous OSP Note Hold Reason Comments.” Click on the bar to expand the section. A table displays that shows the date entered, the comment, and who the comment was entered by. The same information also displays under the OSP Notes tab. Clicking the bar again will hide the table. This section is shown expanded in the above image.
A yellow “On Hold” banner will display at the top of the item’s details page. The following image shows the banner on a Funding Action.
Modify or Remove a Hold
- Select Add/Modify Hold to open the dialog window
- Adjust the selected hold reasons
- Add an optional comment
- Click Save
If you clear all of the check boxes, the item will no longer be on hold and the banner and tasklist icons will no longer display.
Applications: FCOI JIT Process Change
- With the creation of a new Just-In-Time flag being added to the Pre-Award Notification, the Just-In-Time button in the application Sponsor Decision window has been removed.
- The FCOI Just-In-Time email notification has been updated to send upon a new JIT flag being set on a Pre-Award Notification, or, upon the creation of a Funding Action. The primary contacts on the eGC1 will now only receive the FCOI JIT email once, rather than anytime the contacts listed on the eGC1 change.
Grant Runner Applications – Print Preview of Grants.gov Forms
In order to provide OSP reviewers with an alternative way of viewing Grant Runner forms, a PDF print preview feature has been added to the upper task bar of each Grant Runner form, merging the data into the familiar Grants.Gov form. Users may find this a helpful way of viewing Grant Runner forms and eGC1 details side-by-side.
At this time, users can print the Grant Runner forms individually. ORIS is working on a feature that will allow for printing of the entire Grant Runner form set in a single PDF. That feature will be released at a later date.
Please note there is a known defect with the PDF not showing attachment names. Until this issue is resolved, users should refer to the SPAERC Grant Runner form to open and view attachments.
- The eGC1 Preparer will now be included as a recipient of the following auto-generated email notifications:
- Application Review Notice
- Notice of Award
- Request for Activation Notice for Fellowships
Funding Actions (FA)
- In order to apply the uniform guidance requirements with more clarity and consistency, the Sponsor Award Date on the Funding Action is now required prior to it being sent to GCA.
Pre-Award Notifications (PAN)
- A new Notification Type of “Just-In-Time” has been added to the PAN so that OSP staff can correctly identify the content of the sponsor fundable score notification received, and facilitate earlier communication of just-in-time to other compliance offices such as the Office of Animal Welfare (OAW).
- A new Subcontract Title field has been added to Subcontract shell so that the OSP Subcontracts team can more easily identify particular subcontracts by name, and to facilitate future automation of federal reporting.
- The Subcontracts tasklist can be sorted and filtered by the new Subcontract Title field.
- A new Subcontract Action type of “Non-Contractual Revision” has been added to identify those SAs related to PAS/ARIBA transitions.
You can change any Funding Action or Admin Action in Approved, Denied, Duplicate, or Returned by GCA status back to In OSP status. Use the In OSP link on the left navigation menu to start the process.
A pop-up window will appear that will allow you to change the status, reassign the item, and add comments if desired.
Add any explanatory comments you wish, reassign the item if necessary, then click on the In OSP button to complete the process. The pop-up window will close, and the item details page will refresh showing the new status.
Note: If you change an Admin Action assigned to the location File back to In OSP status, the system displays a warning message, which reads:
“An Admin Action with status of In OSP may not be assigned to File. Please modify the status or the assignment.”
To complete the process, you will need to reassign the Admin Action to a value other than File.
To see a list of any related FAs or AAs, you can click on the Funding Actions or Admin Actions tab in an opened Application.
For FAs, the information shown includes:
- Funding Action Number
- Funding Action Amount
- Start and End dates of the funding period
- UW Budget Number for the currently funded project (six digit value), if assigned
- Sponsor Award Number, if present
You can click on the Open link to the left of the FA Number to open the item.
The AAs displayed here are direct children of the application. An items such as a PAC, which is a child of an FA, will not display.
For AAs, the information shown includes:
- Admin Action Number
- Sponsor Name
- PI Name
- Short Title
- Sponsor Award Number, if present
- Comment (first 20 characters)
You can click on the Admin Action Number to open the item.
The Admin Actions tab also includes a link to “Create New Admin Action”. See Create an Admin Action and Create a Funding Action for more details.
There are a number of functions that are done the same way for Funding Actions and Admin Actions. They are described here.