All Admin Actions have the same choices for attachment types, so changing from one AA type to another should not be a problem. If you’re changing an Admin Action into a Funding Action, the only attachment type in common is Internal (UW) Document. See the Common AA Fields section of the User Guide for more information.
You can add holds to Applications, Funding Actions, or any type of Admin Action. You can also modify or remove existing holds whether added manually or automatically by the system.
There are two categories of hold reasons: Non-Compliance and Compliance.
Non-Compliance hold reasons are:
- For Check
- Other (Campus)
- Other (Sponsor)
- Pending Fully Executed Agreement
- Pending Notice to Process/Activation Notice
- PI Signature
- Revised Budget
Compliance hold reasons are:
- Administrative Support
- Cost Share
- Export Control
- Federal Flow-Through
- IACUC Approval
- IRB Approval
- PHS Training
- Applications: If there is an Export Control watcher on the approval flow, when the application reaches In OSP status, the system will automatically add an Export Control compliance hold. Manually added holds on Applications do not enforce any process rules.
- Actions: The system will automatically place some compliance holds on Funding Actions and Post-Award Changes. See the section on Automatic Holds for further details.
Add a Hold
- On the left navigation menu, select Add/Modify Hold
- In the dialog window that opens, check one or more hold reason boxes. The dialog window is shown in the following image for a Funding Action.
- Enter any optional OSP notes about the holds
- Click Save to complete the process.
Note: When you open the Add/Modify Hold dialog window after the first time, you will see an expandable bar below the list of holds titled “Previous OSP Note Hold Reason Comments.” Click on the bar to expand the section. A table displays that shows the date entered, the comment, and who the comment was entered by. The same information also displays under the OSP Notes tab. Clicking the bar again will hide the table. This section is shown expanded in the above image.
A yellow “On Hold” banner will display at the top of the item’s details page. The following image shows the banner on a Funding Action.
Modify or Remove a Hold
- Select Add/Modify Hold to open the dialog window
- Adjust the selected hold reasons
- Add an optional comment
- Click Save
If you clear all of the check boxes, the item will no longer be on hold and the banner and tasklist icons will no longer display.