Applications: FCOI JIT Process Change
- With the creation of a new Just-In-Time flag being added to the Pre-Award Notification, the Just-In-Time button in the application Sponsor Decision window has been removed.
- The FCOI Just-In-Time email notification has been updated to send upon a new JIT flag being set on a Pre-Award Notification, or, upon the creation of a Funding Action. The primary contacts on the eGC1 will now only receive the FCOI JIT email once, rather than anytime the contacts listed on the eGC1 change.
Grant Runner Applications – Print Preview of Grants.gov Forms
In order to provide OSP reviewers with an alternative way of viewing Grant Runner forms, a PDF print preview feature has been added to the upper task bar of each Grant Runner form, merging the data into the familiar Grants.Gov form. Users may find this a helpful way of viewing Grant Runner forms and eGC1 details side-by-side.
At this time, users can print the Grant Runner forms individually. ORIS is working on a feature that will allow for printing of the entire Grant Runner form set in a single PDF. That feature will be released at a later date.
Please note there is a known defect with the PDF not showing attachment names. Until this issue is resolved, users should refer to the SPAERC Grant Runner form to open and view attachments.
- The eGC1 Preparer will now be included as a recipient of the following auto-generated email notifications:
- Application Review Notice
- Notice of Award
- Request for Activation Notice for Fellowships
Funding Actions (FA)
- In order to apply the uniform guidance requirements with more clarity and consistency, the Sponsor Award Date on the Funding Action is now required prior to it being sent to GCA.
Pre-Award Notifications (PAN)
- A new Notification Type of “Just-In-Time” has been added to the PAN so that OSP staff can correctly identify the content of the sponsor fundable score notification received, and facilitate earlier communication of just-in-time to other compliance offices such as the Office of Animal Welfare (OAW).
- A new Subcontract Title field has been added to Subcontract shell so that the OSP Subcontracts team can more easily identify particular subcontracts by name, and to facilitate future automation of federal reporting.
- The Subcontracts tasklist can be sorted and filtered by the new Subcontract Title field.
- A new Subcontract Action type of “Non-Contractual Revision” has been added to identify those SAs related to PAS/ARIBA transitions.
The following updates were released on September 26th, 2013:
- FAs that are returned by GCA to inactive OSP staff members will be assigned to the “Failover Team” so that OSP may reassign FAs to an active OSP staff member. Currently, Al Marks monitors the Failover Team, which has been used for eGC1s and will now be used for FAs.
- The new OSP Pending FAs report will help OSP Managers monitor and manage the workflow and workload of my team to process FAs in a timely manner.
SAGE and FIDS Updates SPAERC Users may want to know about
- Now that FIDS is a year old, OSP needs to be able to determine if an Investigator is in compliance with GIM 10 for annual updates of SFI disclosure. On the PI & Personnel Page, the investigator’s primary disclosure will appear in italics and related disclosures will be ordered from most recent to oldest. This will allow OSP to find the primary disclosure easily and see the most recent related disclosure immediately below the primary disclosure.
- SAGE and SPAERC users will have access to a new pop-up window for Personnel Disclosure History by clicking on the name of an Investigator on the PI & Personnel page in SAGE. The new window will show an investigator’s recent history of submitted disclosures. This will aid in OSP’s review to make sure investigators are compliant with annual updates per GIM 10.
- In compliance with the UW Records Retention policy, on October 1st, we will be removing attachments from grant applications (eGC1s) which were never awarded and have a sponsor deadline before January 9th, 2009. This will free up storage space and simplify data management.The eGC1s without their attachments will remain in SAGE for reporting purposes. An entry about the deletion will display on the “OSP Notes” page in SPAERC.
- SAGE users will no longer be allowed to “Send Disclosure Notifications” for eGC1’s where the sponsor name is “Pending – Notify OSP of Correct Sponsor”. This is to help ensure that the correct disclosure rules and requirements are applied when the PI is updating their SFI in FIDS.
- To aid in compliance with GIM 10 for annual updates of SFI disclosures, FIDS now send automated email notifications. There will be a reminder when an annual update of disclosure is due in 45 days, a second reminder when the annual update is due in 15 days, and a notice when they are out of compliance (copied to the PI).
- To easily see who the current Public Health Service sponsors are, we created a new PHS Sponsors web page.
When a sponsor gives an approved application a fundable score, OSP needs to ensure that the investigators have completed any required FCOI training and that the institutional official reviews all related disclosures that have SFI. They do this through the Just-in-Time (JIT) process. Once OSP marks an eGC1 as having reached JIT, the system sends out notifications.
The system marks an eGC1 as having reached JIT when any of the following occurs.
- The eGC1 gets a new child PAN with the JIT checkbox selected.
- The eGC1 gets a new child FA.
- An existing FA gets a new parent eGC1 which the system had not already marked as JIT.
For an eGC1 in progress at the time we added the JIT triggers to the system, the system will have triggered JIT when the eGC1’s status changed to Awarded. In this case, the OSP Notes comment will read “JIT notifications sent at award.”
Once marked, the eGC1 remains marked.
JIT Notifications Batch Job
A batch job runs every day at 12:30 PM and 10:30 PM to send notifications for each eGC1 that has had JIT triggered. The systems sends just one notifications per eGC1. The notifications are for various reasons:
- To remind Preparer/Owners to ensure the PI, Personnel, & Organizations page correctly lists all investigators and that all are in compliance by the time the funding is received.
- To remind any investigators listed who have not yet disclosed for the eGC1 to do so. If needed, the system creates a pending disclosure in FIDS.
- To any investigators that need to complete the FCOI training.