SPAERC & SERA
Updates to Post-Award Change (PAC)
In order to improve the data quality, reporting, and analytics around award data, the following changes have been made to the Post-Award Change in SPAERC and SERA:
- Addition of Revised Start Date field, displayed for the PAC Requested Change type “Start Date Change”
- Addition of Revised End Date field, displayed for PAC Requested Change types “Extension”, “Early Termination”, or “Relinquishment”
- Addition of Temporary End Date field, displayed for PAC Requested Change type “Temporary Budget Extension” (formerly called “Advanced Extension”)
- Addition of Modification Number field
- Addition of Originating Sponsor Award Number field, which will pre-populate from the parent FA data, when present.
Updates to PAC Notification PDF
The above new PAC fields will also be displayed on the PDF attachment that is sent to campus when a PAC has been processed.
Updates to Pending Actions Report
The above new PAC fields are also included on the GCA Pending Actions Report
PAC Requested Change Type Updates
The following changes have been made to existing PAC types:
- “Advanced Extension” is now relabeled as “Temporary Budget Extension”
- “Significant Financial Interest” has been removed
- “Create Program Income” has been removed
- “Change of Award” has been removed
- “Change in Authorized Action” has been removed
The removed PAC Requested Change types will continue to display on historical PACs.
Update to Cycle View of PAC Data
When in the SPAERC or SERA Cycle view, the PAC row will now display the new Revised Start Date, Revised End Date, and Temporary End Date fields when populated.
Intellectual Property Provisions validation message update
The validation message that appears when the Intellectual Property Provisions question is not answered will now match the current question label, for added clarity.
SPAERC only: Grant Runner Submit no longer displays timeout error
Upon submission of Grant Runner applications in SPAERC, the system was displaying time-out errors that were misleading and likely to cause unnecessary alarm or confusion. The error tracking has been updated to improve the quality of the messages received by OSP on submission.
SPAERC only: Activity Locations Page Expanded by Default
The eGC1 Activity Locations page in SPAERC will now display as expanded by default, for easier viewing of relevant data without additional clicks.
You can add holds to Applications, Funding Actions, or any type of Admin Action. You can also modify or remove existing holds whether added manually or automatically by the system.
There are two categories of hold reasons: Non-Compliance and Compliance.
Non-Compliance hold reasons are:
- For Check
- Other (Campus)
- Other (Sponsor)
- Pending Fully Executed Agreement
- Pending Notice to Process/Activation Notice
- PI Signature
- Revised Budget
Compliance hold reasons are:
- Administrative Support
- Cost Share
- Export Control
- Federal Flow-Through
- IACUC Approval
- IRB Approval
- PHS Training
- Applications: If there is an Export Control watcher on the approval flow, when the application reaches In OSP status, the system will automatically add an Export Control compliance hold. Manually added holds on Applications do not enforce any process rules.
- Actions: The system will automatically place some compliance holds on Funding Actions and Post-Award Changes. See the section on Automatic Holds for further details.
Add a Hold
- On the left navigation menu, select Add/Modify Hold
- In the dialog window that opens, check one or more hold reason boxes. The dialog window is shown in the following image for a Funding Action.
- Enter any optional OSP notes about the holds
- Click Save to complete the process.
Note: When you open the Add/Modify Hold dialog window after the first time, you will see an expandable bar below the list of holds titled “Previous OSP Note Hold Reason Comments.” Click on the bar to expand the section. A table displays that shows the date entered, the comment, and who the comment was entered by. The same information also displays under the OSP Notes tab. Clicking the bar again will hide the table. This section is shown expanded in the above image.
A yellow “On Hold” banner will display at the top of the item’s details page. The following image shows the banner on a Funding Action.
Modify or Remove a Hold
- Select Add/Modify Hold to open the dialog window
- Adjust the selected hold reasons
- Add an optional comment
- Click Save
If you clear all of the check boxes, the item will no longer be on hold and the banner and tasklist icons will no longer display.
You can change any Funding Action or Admin Action in Approved, Denied, Duplicate, or Returned by GCA status back to In OSP status. Use the In OSP link on the left navigation menu to start the process.
A pop-up window will appear that will allow you to change the status, reassign the item, and add comments if desired.
Add any explanatory comments you wish, reassign the item if necessary, then click on the In OSP button to complete the process. The pop-up window will close, and the item details page will refresh showing the new status.
Note: If you change an Admin Action assigned to the location File back to In OSP status, the system displays a warning message, which reads:
“An Admin Action with status of In OSP may not be assigned to File. Please modify the status or the assignment.”
To complete the process, you will need to reassign the Admin Action to a value other than File.
There are a number of functions that are done the same way for Funding Actions and Admin Actions. They are described here.