Alumni and Community Resources
University of Washington alumni can stay connected with OMA&D. You can use this feature to share your life experiences. The information you submit will be posted on an Alumni Connections Page, and you may be featured in our next issue of eNews. Click here to get connected!
Partnerships with alumni and community groups are key to the success of the Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity (OMA&D). From the beginning, OMA&D’s ties to local communities have helped student recruitment efforts and fundraising for student scholarships. Since 1971, the annual Celebration banquet sponsored by the community-based fundraising group Friends of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) has raised scholarship funds to support students in OMA&D programs. In addition, Friends of EOP and other community advisory groups like the Native American Advisory Board (NAAB) advise the vice president and offer a pipeline into different communities.
The Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity works in close collaboration with the University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) and the Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) to engage the approximately 22,000 alumni of the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) and other OMA&D programs.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with alumni and communities throughout the state of Washington allows OMA&D to:
- Increase access to higher education for members of underrepresented groups (African American, Latino, Native American, and Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders)
- Increase the University of Washington’s responsiveness to the interests of underrepresented students
- Increase the visibility of University of Washington’s diversity efforts
- Increase mentoring and internship opportunities for University of Washington students
Click on the links below to find more information on alumni and community resources at the University of Washington.
- Columns Magazine
- Viewpoint Magazine
- University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA)
- UWAA Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP)
- The Weekend – Annual Homecoming Event