The Weekend is a UW Homecoming event for alumni of color and supporters of diversity hosted by the Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity and other campus partners. Festivities include a pre-game tailgate and group tickets to the Husky Homecoming football game.
Have More Questions?
Visit The Weekend’s FAQ Page!
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Washington Huskies vs. California Golden Bears
$75 – Tailgate Entry AND Group Discounted Football Ticket
$10 – Tailgate Entry
Time: Tailgate begins at 5 p.m.; Football game at 8 p.m.
Where: The Zone/Husky Stadium
It wouldn’t be a proper Homecoming weekend without a tailgate. Join us at our tent in “The Zone” located behind the Husky Stadium East End bleachers (between the Waterfront Activities Center and Husky Softball Field), where UW alumni can enjoy catering and pre-game activities. After the tailgate, we’ll walk into the game together and cheer on the team. Go Huskies!
Food will be provided in the tent; beverages will be available for purchase.
Besides eating, drinking and mingling, “The Zone” features performances by the Husky Marching Band and Cheer Squad, as well as the team’s pre-game walk into Husky Stadium. Be on the lookout for photo opportunities with Dubs, Harry the Husky or other famous Husky Alumni! Fans can watch the live pre-game radio broadcast from KJR-AM 950. An interactive Kid Zone with fun football activities is also available.
Please note that this year a game ticket is required to enter The Zone!
Parking: Click here for parking and other transportation options.
The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodations for this event, contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206-543-6450 (voice); 206-543-6452 (TTY); 206-685-7264 (FAX); firstname.lastname@example.org (email).
MAP “Bridging the Gap” Breakfast
Homecoming festivities also include the 19th Annual Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) “Bridging the Gap Breakfast.” Join MAP for its annual celebration of diversity at the UW and in the community. The breakfast recognizes distinguished alumni award winners and the 2013 MAP Endowed Scholarship recipients, and raises funds for scholarships benefiting a multicultural group of economically disadvantaged UW students.
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Ticket Price: $55 for an individual seat; Sponsor Table of 8 – $475
Time: Doors open at 7:30 a.m.; Program starts at 8:30 a.m.
Where: Husky Union Building (HUB), UW Seattle
For more information or to register, please visit the MAP Breakfast web site or contact the UW Alumni Association at 206.543.0540.
- The $10 fee for children entering the OMA&D tailgate tent will be waived for any child under 13.
- Children two and under are admitted to Husky football games free of charge provided they sit on a lap. For more information on this policy please visit the Husky Ticket Office FAQ web page.
- Admission to BOTH the tailgate tent AND football game is $65 per person.
- Admission to the OMA&D tailgate tent is only$10; children under 13 are free.
- All monies go directly to cover a portion of event costs.
- There are multiple parking options for guests attending the football game. We encourage you to arrive early, as the South parking lot is closed for Sound Transit light-rail link construction. For transportation options please visit http://www.gohuskies.com/transportation
- There will be no refunds on purchased tickets.
- OMA&D has reserved seats in the West End Zone, section 12. To view a seating map for Husky Football Stadium, click here.
- To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at: 206.543.6450 (voice), 206.543.6452 (TTY), 206.685.7264 (fax), or via email at email@example.com. The University of Washington makes every effort to honor disability accommodation requests. Requests can be responded to most effectively if received as far in advance of the event as possible, preferably at least 10 days.
- Event tickets are available until capacity is filled.
- Tickets for the tailgate and football game MUST be purchased in advance. Tickets may not be purchased on the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased based on availability.
- Football tickets MUST be picked up at the OMA&D tailgate tent located in “The Zone,” directly behind East End Bleachers of Husky Football Stadium.
- Tickets must be picked up NO LATER THAN 30 minutes prior to kickoff. The OMA&D Tailgate Tent will close at that time.
- If you already purchased tickets for the game in another section of Husky Stadium, you are still welcome to join us for the tailgate ($10 admission).
- For more Husky football ticket information please visit http://www.gohuskies.com/tickets/customer-service-home.html
- The Zone is an exciting tailgate experience that features entertainment, food, beverages, and fun for Husky football fans.
- The Zone is located on the East Practice Field of Husky Stadium between the Waterfront Activities Center and Husky Softball Field. Main entrances/exits are located on the SE corner of The Zone and along the East wall of the Zone.
- The Zone opens three hours prior to kick-off.
- Continuous free shuttle service from the E-1 parking lot is provided by Gray Line of Seattle.
- Entertainment in The Zone includes the Husky football team’s walk into the stadium, as well as performances by the Husky Band and Cheer Squad. There is an interactive Kid Zone with fun football activities. The Zone is also the broadcast home for KJR-AM 950 on game days.
- OMA&D will have its own tailgate tent in The Zone. The tent number and location will be posted on the The Weekend web site when available.
- The admission price to enter OMA&D’s tent includes food. Beverages will be available for purchase.
Registration Has Closed. Event is Sold Out.
Choose from either or both of the following events. Please note some details will be forthcoming or subject to change:
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) Bridging the Gap Breakfast
Benefiting the MAP Endowed Scholarship for economically disadvantaged students
Ticket Price: $55; Sponsor Table of 9 – $495
Time: 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.; Doors open at 7:30am
Where: Haggett Hall, Cascade Room, UW Seattle
- Join us for our annual celebration of diversity in our community and at the University of Washington. The Bridging the Gap Breakfast is an exciting opportunity to recognize distinguished alumni winners, raise funds for the MAP Endowed Scholarship and announce the 2011 MAP scholarship recipients. For more information on the breakfast please visit http://www.washington.edu/alumni/meet/groups/map.html or contact the UW Alumni Association at 206.543.0540.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Washington Huskies vs. Arizona Wildcats
Tailgate and Game
Get more for your money this year! Combined admission to the tailgate (including food) AND game is less than last year’s football ticket price alone.
Tailgate Entry AND Group Discounted Football Ticket Price: $65
Tailgate Entry Only: $10
Time: 4:30 p.m. Tailgate/7:30 p.m. Football Game
Where: The Zone/Husky Stadium
- It wouldn’t be a proper Homecoming weekend without a tailgate. Join us at our tent in “The Zone” located behind the Husky Stadium East End bleachers (between the Waterfront Activities Center and Husky Softball Field), where UW alumni can enjoy catering and pre-game activities. After the tailgate, we’ll walk into the game together and cheer on the team.
- Food will be provided in the tent; beverages will be available for purchase.
- Tailgate Events: Besides eating, drinking and mingling, “The Zone” features performances by the Husky Marching Band and Cheer Squad, as well as the team’s pre-game walk into Husky Stadium. Be on the lookout for photo opportunities with Dubs, Harry the Husky or other famous Husky Alumni! Fans can watch the live pre-game radio broadcast from KJR-AM 950. An interactive Kid Zone with fun football activities is also available.
- Parking: Click here for parking and other transportation options.
Football tickets are available until capacity is filled. Please note all monies go directly to cover a portion of event costs.
For additional information on The Weekend or becoming an event sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-685-0518.